Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter


After the hunt... you can tell Miss E doesn't feel all that  great {the eyes say it all}
 We spent the weekend holed up at home... Saturday, we finally got a weather break, it was sunny and over 60... The boys hid our plastic eggs for the girlies, they were so cute, sneaking around the yard finding the best hiding spots... The girls then had a good time searching for 193 eggs.  We just hide them empty, all for fun.  Then we crashed!  Hubby and I that is. I put him to bed, I took the couch {to be accessible to the children}.  We talked lots of Jesus Crucifixtion and Resurrection, reading some Scripture.

I did make a treat with the children, I'm not sure what they are really called; I called them Easter biscuits, I saw the idea out on the web, using refrigerated crescent rolls.  We make our crescents from scratch so we used that as our dough.  You dip a large marshmallow in butter, then roll it in cinnamon sugar, place it in the center of the dough {I rolled it thin and cut it into squares}, then you seal up the marshmallow inside the biscuit.  Bake on a lined tray, {I used a silpat} at the temp for the dough you are using, until the biscuit is golden.  The marshmallow represents Jesus, the sealed biscuit the tomb.  As these little treats bake, the marshmallow melts, leaving the biscuit hollow in the center.... When you open the little treats, they are empty.  They are quite tasty too!       

The usual cool, cloudy, showery weather returned for Sunday, we are thankful for our calm weather*.  We missed the Easter drama at the new church we checked out a couple weeks ago, we missed brunch with family... We bonded with each other, and actually had a lovely weekend.  We are thankful for the quiet time and that we are on the mend. 

*We are praying for those folks in the St. Louis area, we have family there.  The tornado came within a couple miles of their home, and S has a co-worker that was traveling through the airport when the tornado hit.  We are thankful that they are all fine.  

PS- I plan on posting more picture from our vacation too, as time permits.  

3 comments:

MamaHen said...

193 EGGS! Oh my. We did 20 and I had a hard time remembering where they all were. Ours were real though so we sorta needed to find them.

Take this week and recover!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm glad to hear your friends were OK.

Hope everyone is feeling better. Both my kids were fighting a mild cold but are feeling better now. I know God uses sickness to get our family to slow down and concentrate on what is truly important. Blessings! Jackie

outdoor.mom said...

glad your Easter went well. Hoppy May!! Its just around the corner :-)