Tuesday, May 10, 2011

slow cooker corn bread




Has anyone ever made corn bread in the slow cooker/crock pot???

***Updated***
 Right after I posted I decided to go for it.  I have two crock pots, a little round 2.5 quart; and a 6 quart oval  rival smart pot.  I mixed up the recipe from  the Alber's corn meal box.  Greased the 6qrt pot, set it on 4 hours and dumped the mix in.  1 1/2 hours later- we have beautiful corn bread!!!  I will definitely be doing this again.

The reason for all this is that our oven/range needs like a mother board type part, it was ordered yesterday, they give it 10 days to be delivered, the repairman is scheduled to come back to install it on the 19th!   My family is seriously tired of pasta and store bought bread! I've been searching the web for menu ideas, I don't want to blow the food budget on store bought bread and convenience {microwable foods} I found a blog called crockpot365.  Back in '08 this lady used her crock pot everyday!  She has a  recipe for a puffy pizza, it uses a baking mix {I have a recipe for baking mix, not something I'd have to buy} dough for the crust, I think I'll give that a try tomorrow.  I think she used a 4 quart, I'll use my 6 quart and keep an eye on the clock.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Nope! I'd like to hear about it if you try it.

Lori said...

I'll have to give this a try. I forgot all about the crock pot blog. I'll have to visit it again.