Sunday, April 10, 2011

Good Sunday

I suppose this should be more like a "Thankful Thursday" type post...  because I am thankful for the Sovereign Lord, my personal Saviour, Jesus Christ and that  His Word is infallible and relevant today.

We've had one sick boy in our family, in the last week or so...  A little over a week ago one of the boys came down with a fever, then a cough... early last week it was apparent that he was not getting any better, if any thing he was worse...  Hubby stayed up all one night, feeding him sips through the night, praying that might break his fever, it didn't.  We had to take him to the Dr.  He has pneumonia.  Within a day the antibiotics began to work, and the fever broke, he's lost a lot of weight {over 10%}, he's very tired, and naps during the day, his recovery is going very slowly.  Please pray for my son C, that he gains strength daily and just continues his recovery, taking the medication is a challenge for him.  God's thrown him into a trial, I pray that his relationship with Jesus only becomes stronger. He's a very active boy, he never even napped as a toddler, so seeing him this way is very hard for all of us.

It was a good day.  Hubby went to a new church this morning {I was home with our sick boy, and two others who are coughing, no fever though}, he and I were able to go to the evening service {thanks to Grandparents who can come over on short notice}.  The Pastor spoke on Titus 2.  Hopefully by next weekend we can all go, for both the morning and evening services.

3 comments:

MamaHen said...

I am so sorry he has been so sick. I think one of the worst times for a mother is when her child is sick and there is not a lot you can do but wait until they recover.

Try to rest if you can and give him lots of love.

Anonymous said...

Hope "C" is up and around soon! Well wishes from me to him! :) ~Diann

Anonymous said...

He's definitely in our prayers. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Paula