There's a new movie out this weekend, that we won't be seeing. I think you all know which movie I'm talking about.... The story is very inspirational. The real people have been on both Focus....Family and Family....Today this past week. Ironically both radio shows featured prominent mainstream Christian authors and teachers who specialize in "modesty"* also on this week.
The first time we saw the trailer for the movie was at the big half week long summer Christian music festival in our area. My thoughts then were the same as now, {I just rewatched the trailer this week}, why were they showing this at a "Christian" event? Again, inspirational story, however, the beach wear on the girls is less than modest, they may as well be parading around in their unmentionables!!!! There is one scene shown in the trailer, where the girl's bare back is shown with the ties for her bikini top dangling as she's trying to tie it after the accident.
I read some online reviews on it earlier, and they pretty much say the same thing, great storyline, but the immodesty fills so much of the movie that it takes away from the "Christian" story line.
We have to give this movie a thumbs down.
*The mainstream idea of "modesty" is quite different from the conservative.
2 comments:
Just by personality, and later in life by conviction, I am not a movie person. I have, however, watched some movies like "Fireproof" and other Sherwood pictures movies. One of the plus sides of having that sort of personality is missing out of junk like this. I have no idea of anything about this movie and, from what I've read, that's a good thing. :)
I don't have TV, so I don't know what movie you are talking about. What is the title?
Post a Comment