This past week has been quite a challenge. One week ago, we discovered that our original blog was secretly being read by someone whom we trusted, a friend and someone in leadership within the church we were attending. This person was then passing along our posts to others in the church, all are people who are in leadership in that church. Needless to say we were shocked that our blog was being used in this manner.
I've learned this week, that there will always be those that disagree with our views and what we write here in blogland. I've also learned that I have no control over the way that people may react to posts. I do have control over how I react, and that's what this post is really about. When we found out what was happening we immediately pulled the old blog and profile info down, and formally revoked membership from that church. Before pulling it down though, sinful nature over took me, and I posted what was going on. That certainly was not handled in a Godly manner, but in a very human reactive manner. Had I taken the time to pray about the situation, my reaction would have been much different.
Also I've learned this week that in addition to real life people in our lives who may sneak into our blogs to dissect, there are blogs dedicated to dissecting other blogs, in particular conservative Christians. We have a challenge, a test, a trial to continue blogging in a way that is pleasing to God, we need to turn the other cheek and pray for those who choose to use our blogs as something else. The goal of these folks who are dissecting blog posts is to fuel the fire of anger. Can I say that I will not act out in an angry manner over someone using this blog for evil? I wish I could say that, but I cannot. I can only pray and hope that the experience of the last week does remind me to, stop and pray before reacting.
Hubby does the lesson plan for the children each week. He selects a verse for each day for handwriting. One of the girls handed me her paper for correction this morning, with the following verse, it comes from the 7th chapter of Ecclesiastes, a section titled "Wisdom and goodness upheld" {I had already begun this post} God is truly good! I encourage you to read Ecclesiastes 7; it almost seems as if Solomon had seen or been part of a situation of betrayal {my interpretation, I'm not theologically trained}.
"I applied mine heart to know, and the search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness:" Ecclesiastes 7:25
5 comments:
One thing after another, right? I will be so glad when I don't have to deal with a sinful nature anymore.
I just noticed that S was able to go with y'all to Disney. I know you were so glad to have the whole brood.
I am happy that you are still blogging...praying for better times for your family!
Blessings!
~Nadine
So sorry to hear of this. That would definitely be disturbing. Sounds like you learned a lot though. God is good! Thanks for letting me know that you switched blogs. I'm following this one now. Blessings!
I have been praying for you and your family!
Believe it or not, I have another friend whose blog has been under attack. After praying about what to do, she is going to honor the Lord with her blog even if it offends someone.
You are right about the conservative Christians slinging mud on each other and those around them. What a sad thing! These are the people that give the rest of us a bad name. The good thing about this, is being on the "God honoring at all times" end even when it hurts. He is in control and He will have his vengeance on those that purposely hurt the faithful.
I'm so glad to see you back!
It is easy to react when you are angry. Our flesh rises up, doesn't it? It sounds like starting a private blog was a good thing. I would do the same thing in that situation.
Post a Comment