Monday, April 4, 2011

Long Winter





"Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offereing, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness"  1 Chronicles 16:29


It's been a long winter for us... weatherwise, we experienced, bitter cold temps with a little snow early in the season.  The latter half  was very rainy with temps in the forties... a weather pattern that's continued on into Spring.  The "long" for us has been illness.   

I'm always grateful for homeschooling year round, when we experience times with much illness.  There are days that the children are not 100% but still able to plug through their work, and there are days when they are in bed.  While in bed, we are able to afford the ill child, the time needed to heal and recover. No need for a big push to stay "caught up" on the school work, it will be completed in good time.


We have one child down right now,  it began late last week, it's been a tough virus on him.  The Lord showed us mercy during our vacation {above}- a week with no illness, and we were grateful, I've thanked Him probably a million times, and I've prayed for the son that is currently ill.

....And I'm longing for the warm days to come.  Hanging laundry on the lines, warm breezes, humming lawn mowers, the sweet smell of new blossoms, a flourishing garden....   

1 comment:

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I loved the last line! I am sooo looking forward to some warmer weather.