A note: I'm having trouble commenting with the "comment as" function of blogger; the one that gives you choices as to which type of sign in ID you have... I read a post on another blog, that person was having trouble also.... So you might see an "anonymous" comment, I'm leaving my info in the signature, so you'll know who's stopped by...
I've lost the zest for blogging.... You can't post about anything controversial or deep in opinion any more as there are many folks out there ready and armed to attack. There is one site that is especially hateful and is causing many bloggers to go private. Three of the blogs I've followed for a while have gone private. There is another Christian mother being targeted by that blog. I believe it is their goal to get all of us Christians out of the blog world. My old blog went under the microscope, only it wasn't an unknown group hiding behind the 'net; it was someone we knew personally- it is disconcerting, as we really don't know who we are opening our lives up to.... I've noticed that I'm less personal in my posts on this new blog, keeping things more general.
That's one reason, the other is that it is time consuming- especially when a post involves pictures.... That said, I'll still blog, and read your posts, but my posts may not be so regular. In general I'm just trying to keep my time on the computer down. I'll probably continue regular posting on the recipes blog as Hubby likes to check the menu.
Life has been full for us this month. The girls dance classes ended last week for the summer... Sort of, they have a couple performances and summer dance camp coming up- at least the trudging back and forth to classes has ended for a bit.... Schools out! We are finishing up the straggling lessons today, yipee!!! Yesterday we received the first order of books for next year- I'll be ordering the rest at the end of this month.
I have two dresses cut out for myself and a blouse for N, it's a patriotic print {dark navy blue w/ little red and white stars}- and I'm almost finished scrapping our Disney trip. I'm more ready to tackle scrapping some of the everyday photos that have been piling up- I was hoping that the trip book might do that for me... Then there is my head, I have all sorts of ideas and projects piling up inside- but finding the time and money is the challenge to actually doing those things. I should probably jot down them down on a to do list.
We are fitting into a new routine with the new church, it's a change, but one we are really liking. Only recently have we realized how much we were missing God; in a way it's invigorating, I feel like a new Christian, a dry sponge, soaking in all that He has to share with me.
That's about it for now! I need to get to some of those projects!!!!
5 comments:
I really hate to hear how Satan is working against Christians. Now days, you can't talk about God, church or the Bible in any positive form without becoming a target. HOW SAD!
I'm glad you aren't giving up the blog. Ella and I like to keep up with what you and the children are doing. Take heart and show them they can't win.
Paula
so glad things are going good in the new church - i must have missed the post where you left the old one, but i guess it was coming for a while. cool you are making dresses, that is amazing!! Glad you are feeling fed!! every summer i have trouble keeping up with blogging ;-)
I agree ten thousand percent that people are targeting Christians. It's not necessarily when you post about something "normal," but once you get into posting about the Bible, that's when everything hits the fan.
I actually had a "hater" tell me that he would be attacking anything I wrote on my blog and I could feel free to make it private. That's what they want. I know when I run across a private blog, I never ask permission to view it. I'm sure most other people are the same way. Bible truth is then not available to the majority of the Internet.
What I recently started doing was this: I have a zero-tolerance policy on publishing comments that are from conflicting points of view. It sounds harsh, but with good reason, imo. Sometimes people can make a comment with a different point-of-view that is worded tastefully. You respond in an equally tasteful manner. The reply becomes a bit more heated, and back and forth you go. What's being accomplished? Nothing. Nine times out of ten these people are not looking for answers from God, they are just seeking to "wear you down" and cause division. If they have an earnest question, they can post it in a comment which I will not publish and include their email address. I have a separate email account to handle blogger.
That's just me.:-)
I'd love to see the blouses for you and N.
I'm also excited about what God's doing in your life through your new church.
Sorry so long on this comment...I guess I'm just a chatty sort of person lol.
I agree totally with Paula! Please keep the blog going! I enjoy hearing about your life. :)
~Diann
Post a Comment