Monday, June 13, 2011

Crazy Busy

What a whirlwind last week was for us! I ended up with a horrible head cold and was down for a couple days, but still attempting to function at full capacity-  I prayed lots and rested when I could....because I knew the weekend was jam packed with activity.

We were non-stop from Friday afternoon right through last night.  The girls dance recital started us off on Friday with the dress rehearsal, and actual recital on Saturday.  Sunday we had church and a college graduation ceremony {a close girlfriend of our oldest daughter} to attend, God was so good to us, we made it to each event with time to spare!

Today I'm lounging a bit- OK, so alot... I've spent some time doing office type work, you know bills, grocery lists, grocery inventory and such.... It's late in the afternoon and dare I admitt, I'm not showered for the day yet!

Even with dance ending for the season, our calendar remains quite full- So much fun having a houseful of active children!

In the midst of the crazy weekend our oldest daughter, made some life decisions that were tough,  she handled with the utmost maturity, grace and following God's direction.  Those years in the early 20's are so full of growing...  {I wouldn't go back for an infinity amount of money!}  It is such a blessing to be able to still be guiding her through these years.

Earlier this year we dropped our cell phone plan, and went to a prepaid system.  We only turn the phone on when we go out and only in certain situations. We don't miss it one bit.  In a effort to further simplify our lives, Hubby and I decided to drop out of the Fac****k world- for us it was just is a waste of time, we hardly would check on it and it was a chore to do so.  The other side of it is, is that there is just too much personal information available to people about everyone out on the web- at least we've stopped this source.  I encourage all of you to examine your involvement in social networking on the web, whether it be through a site like FB or even blogs.

******ADDED:  The  "deactivate" function is in either "profile" or "account"  it was the bottom choice, just click the word "deactivate" and complete the questions. For reason, mine was "other" I wrote in, "waste of time- and too much personal info on the web".***** 

5 comments:

MamaHen said...

Whew! You have been busy!

I got my book today when I got home from the doctor with my father-in-law. I am saving it for when the kiddos are in bed and then I am going to look at my leisure. Thanks so much. And this is a total by the way, but your handwriting is so pretty!

Simple Home said...

I hope you're feeling better. It sounds like you have a wise daughter. I wouldn't go back to the early 20's either :)
Blessings,
Marcia

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

So how do you drop out of FB? My husband wants to, but I can't figure out how to disable his account?

Anonymous said...

Kimberly, feel better soon!
I wouldn't go back to my twenties, either, (but maybe 30s and 40s, LOL, even 50s!)
Enjoy your super busy days with your kiddos - it is lonely and boring when they are all grown and gone! :( ~Diann

Elizabeth said...

I'm a FB hater. I could go on, but I won't. I did a post on it a while back.

Anyway, I thought it was really creepy when FB started doing facial recognition, and did it without approval. I think you can opt out now, but it the default setting was enabled. Creeeeeeepy....